Come see Futurestyle79 take on 1980

LIVE! On Stage! One Night Only!

Friday, Jan 14 at 8pm @ Off-Market Theaters

965 Mission St (btwn 5th & 6th) in SF!

Part of the Best of Off-Market (B.O.O.M.) Fest 2011

Click HERE for Ticket info

"Futurestyle 79 offers a funny, off-the-cuff look at San Francisco's heyday."

"A good cast helps make this an enjoyable evening of improv."

"When improv works, it can generate a kind of giddy joy for both actors and audience... On the night I attended, the story totally worked."

Chris Jensen, SF Weekly

CHECK OUT THE ON-LINE VERSION OF THE REVIEW @ SF WEEKLY.COM: CLICK HERE!

Writers and staff in front of the Future Style offices, San Francisco, CA, 1979. Photo by Daniel Sullivan

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lite Brite: A Colorful Array of Shining Light!

by Jeb Wilkerson

I usually don’t spend this much time playing with children’s toys. But, I must say, that I did just that with the Lite Brite.

It consists of a black peg holder, a white body with a light bulb in the center back, and a bunch of colored pegs. You can also get design paper that you snap onto the front, which gives you many fun designs to create.

This is a hit with the kids. But, as I mentioned earlier, it managed to entertain me for hours last night. I also found yet another, most likely unintended, use for this wonderful Lite Brite.

I do not have a green thumb. I am always under watering or over watering all of my house plants. As it turns out, I always forget to set the plants that require more sunlight outside during the day only to realize what I have done after the sun has gone to bed.

What I discovered is the following: If you hang your Lite Brite upside down from a hook above your plants, they receive the light that they would normally get during the day! I, in fact, love this idea so much I will be purchasing about 12 more Light Brights and will be making a Pilla Dundrum grow room in my basement!

Just think, San Francisco, the ability to grow your favorite house plants in the comfort of your own home, day or night! I see in the future many more applications for this, such as tomato plants and perhaps even squash!

Editor's Note: As of press time we were unable to determine what a "Pilla Dundrum" is, exactly. Therefore, the publishers of Future Style, its advertisers and the Hasbro Corporation disavow any knowledge of Mr. Wilkerson's extracurricular activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment