Come see Futurestyle79 take on 1980

LIVE! On Stage! One Night Only!

Friday, Jan 14 at 8pm @ Off-Market Theaters

965 Mission St (btwn 5th & 6th) in SF!

Part of the Best of Off-Market (B.O.O.M.) Fest 2011

Click HERE for Ticket info

"Futurestyle 79 offers a funny, off-the-cuff look at San Francisco's heyday."

"A good cast helps make this an enjoyable evening of improv."

"When improv works, it can generate a kind of giddy joy for both actors and audience... On the night I attended, the story totally worked."

Chris Jensen, SF Weekly

CHECK OUT THE ON-LINE VERSION OF THE REVIEW @ SF WEEKLY.COM: CLICK HERE!

Writers and staff in front of the Future Style offices, San Francisco, CA, 1979. Photo by Daniel Sullivan

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Listen, Sugar

As an “award” winning author of romantic fiction. Cheryl-Lynn McAlister will answer letters from our readers to help them navigate through life and love at the end of the 70's...


Dear Cheryl-Lynn,

My mother and father have recently divorced over my father's recent infidelity. I offered to send my mother on a vacation, all expenses paid! Now she wants to go on a three week singles cruise to the South Sea Islands. How can I convince her to abandon her scandalous decision?

Signed,
Concerned Son

Dear Concerned,

Listen Sugar, your mother is a woman, a W-O-M-A-N. Shall I say it again? I know it's hard to accept your parents as people but people they are. With wants and needs just like the next person. If your put upon momma wants to have a liaison de intrigue, who are you to begrudge her? After all, how do you think she made you? She sure didn’t find you under a cabbage leaf!

XO-Cheryl-Lynn


Dear Cheryl-Lynn,

My lover has special name for my "special place" and he asked me to come up with a name for his. When I did he didn't like it. I thought they went together. His name for mine is "Cabbage Patch". My name for his is "Little Digger". He really didn't like it. I can't think of a better one, help!

Signed,
Euphemistically Failing

Dear Euphemistically,

Listen Sugar, I took your problem to the Streets of San Francisco and asked men to help you in the language of love. Here are the top 3 responses. Good luck with the pillow talk

Thor's Hammer
The Destroyer
The Sword of Damascus

XO- Cheryl-Lynn

Need advice? Send Cheryl-Lynn an email at futurestyle79@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment